Sunday, June 6, 2010

So What!

Rain, rain, & more rain.  Golf tournament canceled. :(    Yes, I was disappointed to receive the phone call from my friend the golf course superintendent letting me know that the tournament was canceled.  The cancellation wasn't unexpected since it was raining pretty hard and steadily with no let-up in sight.   Still, a good day yesterday had us in good position to win.  And, this is one of my favorite events of the summer.  Bummer.

Bummed out is not a place I like to be.  I was showered & dressed at 7:30 Sunday morning but most of all ready to move.  I thought about running but it was raining too hard.  Especially when there is a nice alternative available.  So I headed downstairs and onto the stationary bike for a nice 90 minute ride.   I hadn't done that for a while so my muscles had to work a little harder.  Result:  I got a good workout.  My mood is much better and I got to share a nice breakfast with my wife. Win-win.    Oh yeah, I'm clean too:  two showers before noon!  LOL

 There will be more golf tournaments.  Today is here only once.  We get only so many todays.

No comments:

Post a Comment