Saturday, June 19, 2010

Breakthrough Day

Yesterday was a golfing day.  I sort of rested.  I mean, I walked 18 fairly hilly holes but not much else. That's pretty light for me.  Sleepovers that spilled into my workout space and early golf led me to conclude it was time for a rest day of sorts.   I had a lot of fun golfing with my son-in-law and my accountant.   I could tell I hadn't played for about 10 days but I pulled together and salvaged an 83 mostly because the greens were what I would call esoteric.  A strong hill & ocean influence that you have to play quite a few time to learn.  Still I had fun.

After a week of bumped-up mileage (12 miles a day) I considered taking a 2nd rest day from running and going tomorrow instead.  I thought better of it and ran this morning giving me 48 miles for the week.  I'm really glad I did.  Despite giving me the highest mileage in a week for a long time today's run was actually quite easy (relatively).   It means the training is paying off.   When I finished I felt quite strong.  I really felt ready to run quite a bit more.  It's a good sign.   Two days of rest and I'll bump the mileage a bit more.

 I'm feeling good about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment