Monday, June 28, 2010

Persistence

I woke up this morning feeling less than stellar.  I had my mini breakfast and checked my e-mail all the usual stuff hoping to perk up.  I had a full bottle of tea for the caffeine.  Nothing.  Still felt low energy.

Maybe it was time for a day off.  I'm an advocate of listening to the body.  Still, I am reluctant to do nothing.  My next thought was I'll just warm up and stretch.  Nothing seemed to boost my enthusiasm.  I stretched out my warm-up and stretched out my stretching. I nearly called it quits but I thought maybe I'll just do a short routine.
Well, each set got a little easier.  I made it through the workout.  Never felt the best but I did feel better by the end.  I'm still a bit lower energy than usual but I got my workout in.  Persistence paid off.

Wednesday's a travel day and I'll do nothing physically stressful so I'll have time to recover.  Everyone has a best day and a worst day of every week, month and year.   Today was mine but I persisted and got in a workout.

Here's hoping I feel great in the morning and my run goes well.  If not, well maybe I'll go easy or short.  But, then again, maybe it'll be a great run.   Even my easy days are pretty good by most people's standards.  Persistence. I   did well today.

No comments:

Post a Comment