Thursday, June 10, 2010

Good Training Run

Sometimes I can't tell what my training will bring.  I actually considered (briefly) taking the day off.  I really felt achy when I got up after a long night's catch-up sleep.   It was raining and late.

I decided to wait until after my morning phone call from my daughter which usually ends about 10 a.m. to see how I felt.   Then, I got a message from my brother & training partner about his nice run in the rain.  He inspired me.  After my phone call was over, I headed out the door thinking I could just take it easy and have relaxing recovery run.

That went well until about 3 miles and then I notice how much better I was feeling AND how much faster I was running.  It felt really good to go!  I found my stride and enjoyed the ride.  When I got back home I checked my clock and realized I had run a best time for the course.  

You  never can tell what's going to happen when  you put on the shoes and head out the door.  Most times it's something really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment