Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nicely recovered, nice workout, nice day

I was pleased to find no ill effects from my long, hard run yesterday.  It's a good indicator of my conditioning.  

Nicely recovered, I had a nice resistance workout this morning while watching Roger Federer advance and then seeing the US World Cup team squeeze out an exciting victory.   A great way to start the day, especially considering the nice 2nd breakfast I made for myself!   I like to say "fitness is its own reward" but a nice breakfast is pretty good too.

After that I got to watch my grandson excel in his fitness camp followed by a sweet afternoon on the swing, with my bride, reading a great Carl Sagan book.  I even dozed off for about 30 winks... OK 30 minutes.  Then it was off to my grandson's baseball game which ended with him hitting a home run.   We celebrated with dinner out.  What a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment