Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'm back on schedule

Traveling & visiting family out of town has a way of disrupting my routines, which I love so dearly.  Add a sore neck (feels like whiplash) to the recipe along with grandchildren wanting your attention and you have recipe for time management difficulties.  

Fortunately, for me, I like to get up early and get my workouts done before most people are up and about.  So Sunday, despite being weary from traveling all day the day before and being in a new time zone, I still got up early and ran 12 miles.   Yesterday was a different story,  my neck was really acting up so I managed only an abbreviated work out.   It's a nuisance more than really bad pain.  Like all injuries, for me, the biggest issue is giving it time to heal.

I got up early this morning with a little less pain in the neck (literally & figuratively).  The air was nice and cool  as well so I was eager for another 12 miler.  Slow going at first.  Jet lag?    I felt better after about 7 miles so I kicked into a higher gear and had a good finish visualizing the end of the marathon.   The neck feels much better now!

I'm hoping for a good workout in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment