Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Marathon Training - The Quest Begins

Today begins training in earnest for the fall marathon.   I had a nice workout yesterday.  It was abbreviated so I could golf (badly).  Still, it felt good.  My first full training run since last week's race was my 11.5  miler this morning.

Of course, considering my race results in the KBVCM last week, I'm at a good starting point.  However, today marks the beginning of training for the marathon because it is important that I have a physical and psychological start to the training.  It's about focus.  I am now visualizing the upcoming race while I'm on a training run.  This is very important.

I know from experience that I must be both physically and mentally ready. My resistance training will done with the marathon in mind.   Having the marathon as a goal gives me more focus.

 If I run the race successfully in my mind many times before the actual race the result (barring injury) will be a foregone conclusion.

The Quest begins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment