Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Best Laid Plans: Marathon Training - Building Endurance

The best laid plans indeed.  I mapped out my planned run for this morning on 'Map My Run'  http://beta.mapmyrun.com planning on adding one mile to what I've been running for a 13 mile run.  I've been running an out and back route and planned on going a bit farther out then turning onto a side street and running through a neighborhood that was shown on the map.  What I hadn't expected was a gated community!

So I went a little further out then turned around and headed back.  I found a side street that looked promising and turned in.  It worked out fine.  I made my way around the neighborhood and back to main drag.  I felt really good and cranked up the pace a tad.  I felt pretty darn good all the way just a bit tired at the end as my fuel level got low.  I need to be fatigued at the end so I can get accustomed to maintaining pace right to the finish.  

After my shower and breakfast, I got back on 'Map My Run'  and measured what I actually ran:  13.5 miles!  It's 2 hours later as I write this and I'm pretty happy about my run today and the progress I've made.

14 weeks and 5 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment