Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Marathon Training - Lovely Morning For A Run

After a day of golf and an abbreviated resistance workout I was eager to run this morning.  I did wonder a bit about how I'd feel after the long run on Sunday.   I love to run on Sunday because the traffic is lighter but it doesn't give me as much rest before my regular Tuesday run.  No problem, though!

It was 63 degrees when I hit the pavement this morning.  And, there was a nice cooling breeze.   Ah, the difference it made.  It was so nice I ran right by my water stop.  No need when it's nice and cool.   12 miles seems so short after the long weekend run.   I can't say my legs had completely forgotten Sunday's run but they didn't protest much and I really enjoyed the run this morning, with a couple of  exceptions.  

Right around the mid-point of the course, where the road is narrowest and traffic the heaviest, a big man in a big car drove right at me and I had to jump off the road toward the ditch.  I don't know if it was on purpose or not although my  immediate reaction was that it was intentional.  He was looking right at me.  I also had a guy in a red truck making a right hand turn without looking right.  It's typical for people turning right to do this.   I've learned over the years to look at the driver.  I stopped because I could see he was unprepared for an encounter with me.  Since it was obvious (I hope) that he might have run over me had I not been alert I'm hoping he learned a lesson.  

On the other hand I had several drivers wave good morning to me when they stopped to let me pass.   I always enjoy that.  A lot.   As a bonus I saw 2 other runners this morning.  One was ahead of me that I was unable to catch before he turned onto a different route than I was taking (He was pretty fast too!).  The other was a friendly young lady going in the direction I had just come from.  She was pretty cheery!  And why not?  It was a lovely morning for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment