Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dealing with adversity

Yesterday's workout was interrupted by a family emergency and I spent the entire day at the hospital.  Not fun.  I actually felt more tired last night than I usually do when I work out hard.  I can understand why it would be difficult to find time to workout if your days go like that.  I  suppose I'd get used to it eventually but it would be quite an adjustment.

The good news is all is well and back to normal.   I got up this morning and got back on track.  I ran 12 miles.  It was humid.  I was still tired.  And parts of my run, especially the beginning, were more difficult than usual.   But I made it through.

That's the important thing about maintaining fitness, for me at least.  It's getting through the difficult days.  Finding the proper motivation helps as well as knowing that I will get through it and be really glad I did when I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment