Thursday, July 15, 2010

Easy Can Be Hard

I had a nice workout yesterday.  I worked pretty hard at my resistance training.  This is summertime and without a tight schedule I can have long intense workouts.  It's cool in my basement and with an early start I can get a lot done before most people are up and about.

I was fully recovered by the time my men's golf league started at 5pm.  Running does nothing for my golf but a hard resistance workout seems to improve my golf.  I played well and won my match 9-0!

This morning was another story.  I planned on running short and easy this morning in order to taper for Sunday's race.   Well, easy was hard this morning.  I guess it's me because every time I try running easy it doesn't feel good to me.  I don't mean I have go at race pace but going slow is not fun.   I finally gave up on it and picked up my stride and felt much better.   I think shorter runs are less fun, too.   I just get warmed up and it's time to finish.  I ran 8 miles, which might still be too much.   Maybe it was just a bad day for me.  Anyway, I hope I have a better day on Sunday.  No running for me 'til then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment