Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Vermont City Marathon Training & starting slowly

A perfect day.. for running.   I got up about 7.  I'm still getting used to sleeping in after all those 4:30 am 'get-ups' during the winter, but it sure feels good.   I had my usual 1st breakfast, high fiber, good carbs, low-fat, moderate protein, lots of flavor!    It was a bit chilly but sunny and calm.  I waited 'til 10:00 for warmer air and lighter traffic.

After the long, hard run on Sunday and the long hard workout yesterday I felt a bit low energy so I started very slowly.  My 1st mile had me thinking it was going to a long, but comfy run.  My usual route is mostly uphill for the 1st 6 miles so it's not unusual to feel like it's going to be a tough day.   About 3 miles into it, I started really feeling good.  This happens fairly often but it surprised me today.  When it feels good, you have to go with it.  So, I did and I had a great 10 mile run with a pretty darn good time considering my slow start.  

It really boosted my spirits.  I had a great 2nd breakfast and headed to the golf course.  A perfect day...for golf. The course was nearly empty and I had a great time practicing and fine tuning after the long winter lay-off.

Penne putanesca for supper.  Yum!    Celtics tonight.  Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment