Friday, May 7, 2010

Okay, I'm ready for summer!

Brrr!  Cool and breezy today.  I'd love to have played golf or gone for nice long bike ride but it was just too cold to enjoy those things.  

I had a very nice workout in my home gym.  I've added rope skipping to my workout and as I build skill I'm also building endurance.  Kind of fun actually and I'm sure it is quite good for both fitness and coordination.  I'm not fond of the my rope so I'm going to try and find one of those beaded ropes this weekend.

My day started with my usual 1st breakfast of blueberries, Fiber One, & Activia light while I read the paper.  (I know you're supposed to do nothing else when you eat but believe me I savor each bite.)   I was pretty leisurely with my pace but my exercises were intense.  Consequently, I had a good hard workout that was still enjoyable. I don't like rushing.  (Hey, I'm retired).

My big breakfast followed my shower and then I did go to the golf course for some practice on the chipping & putting green followed by some short iron work on the range.  But, it was just too cold for me to want to walk the course for 4 hours.   So, I'm spending the afternoon watching golf.   Not as satisfying.   I really am ready for summer and some high 60s and low 70s.

I've just had my afternoon custom chocolate protein shake.  Yum!!   Pizza night tonight and I don't want to be too hungry.  Got to watch those calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment