Saturday, May 15, 2010

Disrupted schedule

One of the key things that keeps me fit is my routine.  Having a routine that works means not having to make a decision about when to workout.  It also means a reduced likelihood of missing my daily workout.  I don't even think about it most of the time.  I just get up and do my routine.  However, things do happen.

Yesterday I missed my workout.  It was my first miss in a long time.  I was invited to play golf at one of the most beautiful golf courses in the state of Vermont.  An opportunity I didn't want to miss. So, I went.  I had a great time.

The great thing about a routine is that is routine.  This morning, I had nothing special planned so I did yesterday's (missed) workout and I'm right back on track.  The rest probably did me some good.  And, I'm so entrenched in my routine that I fell right back into it. :)

Tomorrow, I'll go on a long run with my brother as we get closer to our relay scheduled for May 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment