Sunday, May 23, 2010

Outdoor biking - at last.

One of my very favorite things to do is ride my bicycle.  I have a hybrid because I'm not a mountain biker (I just haven't tried it.) but here in VT we still have dirt roads and skinny tires don't do well on dirt roads and I like exploring.  Even our paved roads can be hazardous due to the impact of our winters.  

Summers mean long bike rides on my off day. (Resistance training M-W-F and running T-Th-Sat or Sun).  And I'll often take shorter rides mid-week after golf.   So far this year I've had lots of obstacles to getting out there for a nice long ride.  This being VT the culprit is usually the weather.

Today was beautiful for bike riding.  70 degrees early in the day brought back the excitement.  I also had a mission in mind. So I loaded up the bike into the back of my pick-up and headed to Burlington.

I printed out a map of next week's marathon and rode my half of the course.  Knowing what is coming will help me with pacing and give me some psychological comfort.  Most of all it was just fun to be out on the bike again.

One week to race day!    Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment