Saturday, May 8, 2010

Squeezing it in & making adjustments

I had a 9am meeting at one of my properties.  The weather forecast is lousy in the morning, lousier in the afternoon.  What to do?

I'm pretty intolerant about excuses.  That's mostly what they are: reasons to get out of doing what necessary but you're not in the mood to do.  "I didn't have time" or something like that is one of the most frequently heard.  I just don't buy it (usually).  I mean, if you need daily cancer treatment, you find the time.  Well, exercise saves your life so it too needs to be done.

You get my drift.  I got up at 6.  I went down to the basement and the stationary bike (it's cold & rainy) and I did an hour.  That's not a lot for me but it's still an hour.  I got to my meeting and took care of that business too.

My dilemma:  I like to eat!  Since I'm being a bit more sedentary than usual today, I'll have to eat a bit less.  I'm not enthusiastic about it but I'll handle it.   Smaller portions.  Fewer snacks.  Discipline.  Nothing tastes as good as fitness feels.   Big run tomorrow.   I'll be happy I behaved.  :)   Quitting lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment