Saturday, May 22, 2010

VCM Training Run - 10 miles

Ten miles this morning with my brother and race relay partner.   I really struggled the 1st few miles.  It's a good thing he was pushing or I'd have really slowed down.  I was really wondering what was wrong.  Part of it was the wind.  I'm a terrible starter, too.  I wish I had his energy at the start of a run.

Just shy of the 5 mile mark I started feeling much better (this happens so often) and I was able to put it into high gear.  Although I was uncomfortable all the way I was able to hold my pace all the way to the finish.

We had a nice breakfast afterward and watched 'The Spirit of The Marathon' a documentary about running the Chicago Marathon.  It was insightful and inspirational.

There are only 8 days left until the race so this is my last 10 miler.  I  want to be really rested.  I'm thinking 8 miles on Tuesday and 4 miles on Thursday.

I had a nice resistance workout  yesterday.  I think I'll keep the intensity of that right where it is.  It's mostly upper body and since Friday is the last workout of the week, I'll have nearly 48 hours of rest prior to running.    It'll help keep me sane too!

No comments:

Post a Comment