Monday, May 3, 2010

Recovery day: light workout & golf

I'm giving my body a chance to recover from the exertion of the race yesterday.  I think, at last, I've learned to overcome the compulsion to exercise when I should be resting lest I suffer guilt from feeling like I'm making an excuse not to exercise.

I did workout this morning, for about an hour.  Mostly stretching, it was, and warm-up.  Then 1 set each of my  usual stuff.   Then, I had a nice breakfast and headed over to the golf course for a chance at 18 holes for the 1st time this year.  Since early November, actually.  After all, it is May.  The weather and travel have been unco-operative but still I feel like it's a late start.

My driver was balky, my irons mediocre but my short game, thank goodness, was pretty much OK.  I hit only 4 greens in regulation.  Sad, isn't it?   But, the upside is, I had 5 up & downs from off the green, 3 up & downs from sand traps, & a chip-in for par to save a disaster.   79.

Lots to work on.

Run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment