Monday, May 10, 2010

No Golf - Extended Workout

Yesterday's revisit of winter was still lingering today.  I treasure golfing but it was just too cold and especially too windy for me today.  I love to walk out into the front yard in the morning and scope out the day while I grab my first breath of fresh Vermont air.   This morning the cold wind screamed "stay inside" at me.

No sense fretting what you can't change.  I made my 1st breakfast of blueberries, Fiber One, and Activia Light and settled into my easy chair for a chance to wake up,  fuel up, & catch up on the news.

Nature always takes its course and I wake up and need to move.  Today being Monday, that means resistance training.  Knowing I have plenty of time usually perks me up and I push a little harder or longer.  I've recently added rope skipping to the early part of my workout and as my proficiency improves it's becoming fun.  Consequently, I spent a little extra time on it.  I kept feeling better as I went along.  Each routine went a little longer and the next thing I knew nearly 3 hours had passed.  Oh well, it was fun. And it was good for me.

My 2nd breakfast was so late it was really lunch!  But, the sautéed pepper & onion scramble was delicious and filling.  So filling I really didn't feel much like lunch until about 2 pm and even then a cup of vegetarian (homemade) tortilla soup was enough.  Even that was enough to make me wait until 4 pm for my afternoon protein smoothie.   That meant supper (that's Vermont for dinner) would have to wait until 7.  I don't like to eat that late in the day but gramma's vegetarian jambalaya was so darn good I quickly forgot about that preference.  YUM!    I took the time to make some of my Mixed Fruit Bran Muffins this afternoon so I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 1st breakfast already!    


Watching hockey tonight but the Bruins are getting drubbed :(  but the Canadiens are breathing new life!  Go Habs!!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment