Saturday, May 29, 2010

Vermont City Marathon: Ready To Race

All the preparations are complete. Weeks of training runs building mileage & distance culminating with a 15+ miler 2 weeks ago.  Two weeks of tapering.  Two days without running.  I've ridden the course on my bicycle so that I'm familiar with the ups & downs and turns.  My diet has been good.  My conditioning is good.  I feel fit.  At 60 years old, I'm 5ft. 9in., 149 lbs., 7% body fat, resting pulse 41 b.p.m., blood pressure: 128/58.  I should do well.

We're having a nice whole-wheat pasta dinner with salad and some sweet potato biscuits.  I'll even have a beer tonight to help me relax.   In the morning, I'll have some blueberries with FiberOne, Activia Light and some flax seed mixed in about 2 hours before the race starts.  The weather forecast is for 59 degrees F. at race start. Nice.

I'm ready.  All I have to do is run.

No comments:

Post a Comment