Sunday, January 31, 2010

Still too cold for me to run.

I'm glad I bought the new stationary bike.   I'm dying to get back on the road running but I really think I get a better workout not worrying about slipping on the ice and breathing the really cold air.

The thrill of the new bike has worn off and today was turning into a mundane workout;  I was tired from 2 consecutive days of biking, a late night out (Golden Gloves Boxing) on top of a full week of skiing.  I was about 30 minutes into it when I realized that I just feeling sorry for myself.   I mean I was beginning to rationalize not going hard and although it wouldn't have been a waste of time, I really might have missed an opportunity to make a better day of it.   So I gave myself a little kick in the butt and turned it on!  I didn't set a PR but I got close.  LOL.   I've had all day to rest and as lazy as I've been today I'm really glad I pumped so hard.   Tomorrow is resistance training and skiing.  My quads will get a nice rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment