Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Early mornings

I often hear how hard it is to find time to work out.   It's true too.  People today are very busy and something always pops up to keep up from our scheduled workout.   Which is exactly why I get up early to do mine.

A familiar conversation with a friend on Saturday was well remembered this morning when I got up at 4:30.   I had to solve an internet security problem that kept me up late last night so 4:30 felt really early this morning.  The truth is that I often have to remind myself how important it is to get going in the morning.  It's hard to get out of bed when you're sleeping soundly.  It's especially difficult to jump into a workout.   I get up a bit early for some high (unrefined) carb fuel so I don't run out of gas but it's still a formidable task some days to head down to my basement.   That was especially true this morning.

Experience, though, gets me started because I know that I will wake up and I will feel better.  Today was no exception.  I felt great after my workout.   What a great way to start the day.   No matter how tired you are a good workout will make you feel better!  It's the mental hurdle that's your biggest obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment