Friday, January 15, 2010

Good Days and Bad Days

Do you have bad days when you think you've hit the ceiling and have quit improving?  Don't we all!?   Wednesday was one of those for me.  I was just not feeling it.  After a long run of improved workouts and feeling great, the strength wasn't there.   To top it all off, my weight was up about 2.5 lbs.   :-(     I admit to being a bit let down.    Then the analytical process began.  (Breakfast #2 helped).  

I figured, heck, I still got a good workout.  It would have been a super achievement just a few weeks ago.  Plus, I've lost more than 2.5 lbs and besides I'm still in fantastic shape.  In other words, it isn't the end of world.  Let's get real and refocus.

Guess what?  I don't know where the 2.5 lbs. came from.  Something I ate?   My weight is right back to normal this morning and I had a great workout.  I managed a record number of total pull-ups (my focus right now).  All is well with the world.  LOL

Don't let a bad day get you down.   Use it to refocus and remember:  you may not be where you want to be but you're still better than where you once were.  And if you're working out regularly, you're better off than most.

No comments:

Post a Comment