Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Bike

Isn't it great to get something new?  I got my 1st workout on my new upright stationary bike today. Whew! it was tough, and I loved it. My old recumbent was worn out and too noisy to use.   I think the upright will give me a better workout because it incorporates my core as well as my legs.   In addition, it should get me better prepared for spring when I take my road bike out because it more closely simulates the road bike.  

But I think the best thing about it is how much it excited me about my workout.   That's why I like variety & crosstraining.   Variety in my workouts keep me from getting bored in addition to promoting better fitness and muscle balance.    Even a new pair of running shorts is a boost for me (I'm still a kid at heart).  

Spice up your workouts with variety and new stuff of every ilk and stay pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment