Monday, April 12, 2010

Winter is over

Winter is over and so are the time restrictions needed to get to the mountain in time to teach ski school.  Now I can run outside 3 days a week.  Now I can get a full resistance training workout 3 days a week.  I started that today.  Winter workouts were pretty intensive but I always feel rushed.  It felt good to 'do that little extra'.  Also, I'll be able to go for long outdoor bike rides again.   My stationary bike is great but being outdoors on a bicycle is almost magical.  I love to go for long rides.  I'm really looking forward to being in the Carolinas next week for some long warm weather rides.

The best things about the change of season is the great feeling, 'being pumped' that a great workout gives.  Today was my 1st Monday without skiing since December.  I miss skiing but I'm really feeling great today after my morning workout and the prospect of a long season of improving my overall fitness!  

No comments:

Post a Comment