Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All Rested & Feeling Good!

Sometimes the best medicine is just rest.  A day off and a good night's sleep and I felt great this morning.  I had a full, no holds barred, resistance workout this morning.  No time pressure, no fatigue and it felt great!

I also achieved some peace of mind.  I am so averse to excuses for not exercising that I sometimes don't rest enough.   I've overcome the 'I don't have time' excuse.  Of course it does happen but it's rare and never during routine days.  Travel days when I have to be at the airport at 6 am and arrive at my destination at 9 pm, of course.  Those are rare.  No, my difficult decisions are nearly always about fatigue.  I hate to give in to fatigue but sometimes it's necessary.  Yesterday was a case in point.  

Can't wait to run tomorrow.  Racing on Sunday so I'll have to be careful not to overdo.

No comments:

Post a Comment