Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dichotomy

got up at 5:30 intent on running with my brother.  I felt very tired but thought that a bit of breakfast and moving around would make it pass.  No a chance.  It got worse so I begged off  (that was hard, I hate to let him down) and went back to bed.  Slept till 10am. All the travel, especially driving, road food (poor choices at 'Cracker Barrel'  (have you seen their menu?) all caught up with me.  

My biggest weakness may well be pushing to hard and expecting too much.  I paid for it today.  Feeling better tonight as I write this.  Listening to my body always puts me in a dichotomy.  I'm afraid to give in too easily and feel like I'm making excuses.  The result is I tend to over do it on occasion.   Err on the side of caution too often and you get fat and out of shape.  Maybe.  Push too hard and you get sick or worse.  

Still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment