Monday, March 15, 2010

It makes me feel better.

I struggled just a little bit with the time change.  Not yesterday, because I had no schedule and could get up when I was ready.   Still, I was up at 6:30 daylight time.  I think the anticipation of getting up at 4:30 this morning (my usual during ski season) made me feel tired enough to go to bed early.   Consequently, my 4:30 get-up was pretty routine.  It's this afternoon that I'm feeling it.  I had a good (if not great) resistance workout this morning and a fun day teaching skiing.   I'm tired now but it's that good physical tired not the mental fatigue.

I'm occasionally asked why I get up at 4:30 and exercise.  I wonder if they're really asking why I get up at 4:30 (as opposed to sleeping later and exercising in the afternoon) or if they're asking why I exercise.   The answer to the former is I won't feel as much like exercising when I get home from skiing. Plus, there are not many interruptions at that time of day.  The answer to the latter is that it makes me feel better.   In lots of different ways.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment