Saturday, March 20, 2010

Base miles

10.5 miles this morning as I build the mileage base necessary for physical and psychological endurance required for the 13.1 mile half-marathon.   I am beginning to feel the better form that comes with improved fitness.  I had much better core utilization, a smoother stride and lower physical stress level during the entire run.  :)

As I write this, I've now been finished for 2 hours, showered and breakfasted and I feel much more resilient than last week.   I can feel a bit of muscle fatigue in the quads but my energy level is high.   Very satisfactory for this early in the training.  

In about 2 weeks I'll begin some speed work training.    So far, so good.  My relay partner is training well too.  The Scarecrow & The Cadaver are on  track for a good race.

No comments:

Post a Comment