Friday, March 26, 2010

Feeling better

My symptoms from the bad fall I took a week ago have subsided considerably.  While I can still feel an occasional reminder, I am most recovered.     Frankly speaking, I feel very fortunate.  Two mental errors nearly caused permanent problems which I would surely have deeply regretted.   1st, I decided to ski without a helmet because it was so warm.   I might well have gotten away with this on an ordinary ski day.    2nd, given the extraordinarily warm conditions, I should have been skiing with a bit more caution.  Snow gets very heavy when it's warm and warrants more care.  Shame on me.

The good news is that there are no permanent consequences.  I felt much better for my morning workout.  I wasn't quite ready to go all out but I was able to get a very productive session completed.   I also added a new exercise.  I figured out a way to do dips and work the triceps.   Dips are a great tricep exercise.  I'm not a proponent of isolation exercises but dips are so intensive AND they have one particular characteristic that I really like:  They use body weight.   Body weight exercises like push-ups and pull-ups seem to be more effective than other excercises.     Variety is great for exercise routines.

Skiing was great today!  Day  76 was cold but the snow was terrific.  Run tomorrow and maybe skiing on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment