Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Blahs

It's Sunday night and I'm fighting the winter blahs.   I haven't run for a week.  I'm glad I had the foresight to purchase a stationary bicycle way back when.  I've done 90 minutes both yesterday and today.  I rode hard.  I know I'm getting a good workout because I'm tired and I've lost about 3 lbs. when I finish.  Still.... I miss running.  I could have hit the road either day but single digit temps, icy roads, and wind overwhelms my determination.  So, I'm fighting guilt and the blahs.  

Yes, I realize I may be suffering from some psychological flaw like compulsion or obsession.  Yes, I got some good exercise.  But it wasn't running.   Maybe it will even do me some good to miss.  My feet will get a rest. (Maybe some toenails will begin to heal.  LOL).    Maybe I'm worried about losing my resolve (mental illness again).

I'll ski tomorrow.  I'll lift weights tomorrow.  That's my Mon., Wed., Fri. routine.  I'll pedal again on Tues. & Thurs.  because I'll not run in the dark in the winter (or the summer for that matter).  But I sure hope that the coming weekend brings at least one nice day so I can get back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment