Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 1 - Ski Season

5 O'clock came about 10 minutes after I woke up.  I managed to lay there in bed waiting for my phone alarm to roust me.  I don't want to be falling asleep at 9:00 tonight.  It's a struggle in the winter between wanting to stay up at night and wanting to get up in the morning.  Adequate sleep is absolutely necessary.  I wish 6 hours was enough but I need 7 to 7.5 in order to keep my energy level high.  Trouble is I like to watch C's basketball and I like to get up early. ( I watched the 2nd half this afternoon. )    I am getting back in the winter groove though. I remembered to eat breakfast #1 a bit lighter so I'd feel better during my workout.   Only got in about a hour of resistance training due to early class at the mountain.  Monday I'll be back to the normal schedule and can get back to 90 minutes.  Still, it's an adjustment.   Shoulder should be back to normal by Monday also.  It's feeling better tonight.  Shorter winter lifting workouts (90 min.) will be less punishing on the shoulders.  

Breakfast #2 was higher in protein to help sustain me until lunch.  I don't like to go 5 hrs. between meals but it is inevitable when I'm teaching skiing.   I packed a nice fruity lunch to tide me until I got back home.

Cold, windy,  & snowy at the mountain but the snow cover was better than I expected.  A couple of the trails I hit were already bumping up.   It took me a couple of runs until I felt like I started getting my form back but when I left I really felt good about it.  I think Sunday will be a really good day.  My brother wants to go and the snow should be good since it was snowing hard when I left the mountain.  

I'm hoping for a nice morning tomorrow so I can get a good run in.   Gotta work off those 2 pieces of that fabulous pizza my wife made!  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment