Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!  It's been a great last few days.   I've been skiing with my granddaughter at Smuggs.  She actually participated in one the classes I taught.  Then, we skied off the top of Madonna Mountain.  What a day!   Thanks to some unique weather conditions, we saw some truly astonishing sights that included the Presidential Mountain Range in New Hampshire poking up through the clouds into the brilliant sunlight.  There were the large evergreen trees completely coated in snow beaming in the bright light from a late winter sun beginning its descent behind Mt. Mansfield.  And don't let's forget the afternoon glow of  'pixie dust' snow floating in the cold winter air on Midway.  

Today we had a wonderful Christmas with our granddaughter and with the rest of our VT family.  We had some outstanding food (I'm married to one of the world's best cooks).

Yes, I've managed to get my exercise in everyday.  If you can even imagine the thrill of skiing off the top of Madonna Mountain with your granddaughter you'll not wonder even once more what gets me out of bed and working up a sweat first thing in the morning.  I want lots more adventuring with all of my grandchildren for many years to come.  So it's up early tomorrow morning and out on the road, weather permitting.  If not, it's on the stationary bicycle for about 30 miles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment