Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Training Resistance

Wednesdays are resistance training days for me.  Occasionally, for some reason, I am less than enthusiastic.  I don't mean just tired.  That often happens since I workout early in the morning.  Working out wakes me up and I feel better as move through my routines.

There is some additional stress in my life due to some family health issues that I won't go into except to say it wears me out.  I'm thinking that's why my enthusiasm for exercise was low this morning.  I had training resistance. It would have been easy to skip the whole thing.   Of course I'd be feeling guilty right now!

This isn't true for running or biking.  Running is easy for me at these times.  I can think and work things out while I run .  It's kind of a place of refuge. But resistance training is very intensive and requires the right attitude.

 It took me a while to get going but I coped by slowing my pace and spending more time on warm ups and light stretching.   It would have been nice to have a training partner today to push me through it all.   A tough day but I finished.

  It's easy to find excuses.  It's better to find a way to get it done. Especially when it's hard.  I'm glad I didn't skip.  Persistence. Persistence.    

Running day tomorrow.  I hope the weather holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment