Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life in Vermont

Okay, I took a day off.  No exercise!!    Not because I was tired but opportunity was great.   Two invitations = one terrific day.

First thing this morning I was off to Jay Peak for my 1st round of golf at their new (relatively) course.   We had an absolutely wonderful day.  I highly recommend the course.  We took advantage of the Mobile gas 2 for 1 offer with 3 fill-ups. $39 ea.  The greens are large and very undulating but very smooth  Learning the breaks will take a few rounds (aww gee,  do I have to?) but it'll save 3-4 strokes a round.  The staff was friendly and it wasn't very crowded: we had no one in front of us and no one pushing us. We were done in 4 hours.  =)   The new clubhouse is impressive & the bar featured local brews on tap.   I had a Jay Peak Tram Ale from Long Trail Brewing.   Nice.

Then it was off to Snow Farm Vineyard in South Hero for a terrific concert with a picnic.  We had some of their 'Snow White' wine. $11.00.   Very nice.  The music was by the Starline Rythe Boys and it was terrific.

We were home by 9pm.  What a great day!   You gotta love Vermont.

I'll work out tomorrow.

 "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit." -
  --  Aristotle

No comments:

Post a Comment