Thursday, September 9, 2010

Marathon Training - Cool Weather At Last

What a difference a few degrees makes.  Well, a few degrees, clouds, & a breeze.   My hands are cold sensitive so I work a pair of socks to keep them warm.  Perfect running weather!  (for me).   I got it done before the rain came.  Cold rain is no fun to run in.  I'm so fussy!

I seized the moment and ran pretty hard.   Tired as I was when I finished, it was a great run.   I needed some extra stretching but I feel pretty darn good now.   I think my short nap this afternoon helped (too cold and wet for golf).  

I couldn't find it online, but the new Time magazine had a brief but interesting tidbit in the 'Briefing' section on the value of eating a variety of vegetables entitled Eat Veggies, Fight Cancer?.  It seems variety not volume is more important in fighting cancer.   Suits me perfectly.  It's what we do at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment