Saturday, September 4, 2010

Marathon Training - It's Paying Off!

My rest day (Thursday) helped but most of all my training is paying dividends.    I think the rest day was especially helpful with yesterday's workout.  I felt very rested and strong which led to an excellent workout.   I love that pump!  

Today was the real bonus.  Although I got a bit of a late start, the temperature was nice and so was the breeze.  I ran 20.2 miles and felt pretty good right to the end.  Tired?  Yes, a bit, but not terribly.  This is a real confidence booster.  There is always that lingering doubt about being able to finish 26.2 miles.  It's real.  A lot can go wrong just during training.  I have 4 weeks to go.  I'll run one more 20 miler.  Things are looking good as I head into the home stretch.   I've also committed to running half of a marathon relay a week before the big race.  I hope I haven't made a tactical error but a friend in need and all that.   I'll have be careful not to push too hard so I can recover in time for the following weekend.    The anticipation is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment