Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Still In Recovery Mode

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2010


I can't question my effort in Sunday's race.  Not because of the race results but because of how I feel.  It has been 2 days and I'm still pretty stiff and a little sore.   I had planned on a short run today but now that it's evening, based on how I feel I'm glad I did an easy half-hour on my bike thanks to a hard rain this morning.   I also did some serious stretching after the bike ride and I'm nearly all the way back on flexibility.

It must have been the hills!   I walked 9 holes today and that was enough.  I'm paying close attention to my diet and getting plenty of rest.  Still, I'm tired.  But I am recovering.  Tomorrow I'll be better.  My resistance training workout will depend on how I'm feeling.

I'd really like to run about 8 miles on Thursday.   Recovery takes longer at 60 than it does at 30!  

No comments:

Post a Comment