Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Time To Run

This is the time of year to run.   Cool weather has arrived.  I got up early yesterday so I could finish in time to get to my tee time.  It was pretty chilly. But, I like it a lot better than hot and humid.

  It won't be long before golf with be over for the season.  I'll miss golfing but because of the cooler weather I'll wait until about 9 am to run.  That means I can sleep in a bit later and the traffic will be lighter! That will be nice.

On my run yesterday, I couldn't help but notice there were a lot of smokers puffing away.  I also couldn't help wondering what possesses them to pursue such an insidious activity.  Yes, I've I heard it's an addiction.  It's an addiction that millions of people have walked away from.    How much motivation do you need to quit something  that looks terrible, stinks, and kills you?   I think I'll never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment