Monday, September 13, 2010

Golf, golf, & more golf... Staycation!

All training on hold for a few days.  I had a 2 day golf tournament this weekend   (surprised me.  I thought it was one day!  LOL).  By the by...  we stunk up the place.  I'm working on a swing change and it's not the best time to be in a tournament.  Yikes.   I had to cancel my run scheduled with my brother. (he's very understanding).  We did go ski shopping though to satisfy the itch that starts when the weather cools.

Today,  I had a one-day interclub match.    Much better result.  My partner & I 'ham & egged' it really well despite getting rained on.  The swing changes worked better.  Anyway, we won our match and finished 2nd overall.    I love the game again.  =)

Another tournament tomorrow; a state-day at The Country Club of Barre.  It'll be a long day.

Golf may not be as intensive an exercise as resistance training or running but it's a long low intensity exercise. When you think about it, 4.5 hours of walking and swing the golf club is burning quite a few calories and providing some aerobic effect.  I'm a firm believer in cross training so I have no guilt about missing a few days of my normal routine.  I'm pretty much race ready and I'll be back on running schedule Thursday.   I have another golf match on Wednesday but it's late in the day so I'll be able to do my resistance workout on Wednesday morning.  That means I'll miss only one day.  I'll be eager to get back in the gym.

My diet doesn't change.  That means watching everyone else eat all the junk food after the match.  It's not an issue. A long time ago I decided what I would and wouldn't eat so I'm not the least bit tempted.

I'll be up early tomorrow, gone all day, and tired tomorrow night but it'll be fun and then I'll be happily back in the regular routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment