Sunday, August 8, 2010

Marathon Training - Progress

I had a very mediocre workout on Friday.  Not my usual energy build up as the session progress.  So, basically, I went through the motions and cut it a bit short.  I still got a workout in but since I didn't feel very guilty, I'm thinking I did the right think and took an easy day.   Yesterday, I had some personal business to take care of so I took a 20 mile bike ride and called it a day planning on a long run for this morning.  Today's result makes me  glad I did.

I'm starting to seriously worry about my training partner being able run the marathon we've planned so I had some doubts about continuing the intense training needed to do this.   My wife thinks I should stick with my plan so I got up this morning determined to run long.   The 2 easy days paid off.  I ran 19.7 miles and found it easier than expected.  The plan was for 19 miles but I felt pretty good toward the end decided to add a bit more.  I though it might be a mile but was overly optimistic.  Still 19.7 is satisfactory.  I felt like I could have made the marathon distance so I've overcome that mental barrier.  I feel really well tonight so my confidence is growing.  Eight weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment