Monday, August 30, 2010

Catching Up


Where did the time go?   I've lost track of the days.  I've had a couple of golf matches including a big tournament and a birthday (mine) celebration to deal with and while it's been fun, it makes the time fly by.  And I'm aging too fast as it is! Yikes.

Anyway, I had a nice run on Thursday. 12 miles ( my new norm ).  I felt pretty good despite it being warm.  Friday, I had a split workout which worked pretty well.  I was invited to play a pre-tournament round with one of my buddies.  I played badly.  Fortunately, I worked out the problems and played rather well on the Member-Guest Tournament on Saturday.  My partner had a really bad day so we ended up out of the money (5th).   However, I'm pretty encouraged with my game. After all the time off for grandkids this summer, I'm getting my swing back.  

We went to out with friends on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday.   It was really great but I indulged I little and paid for it Sunday morning on my run.   I felt badly for the 1st 3-4 miles but then I got over it and felt really great the rest of the way. Nice running with my brother.  It was a good reminder of how much diet affects how we feel.   I won't make that mistake again for a while.    

I made an interesting observation when I got up Sunday morning.  I was served a piece of "Ice Cream" birthday cake.  I ate only about half of it and left the rest sitting out overnight.  Not my usual habit but it was late and I was tired.  When I got up in the morning I noticed that the "Ice Cream" had not melted!!   What kind of ice cream doesn't melt?   Are there so many preservatives in it that it won't melt?    Scary.  Do we really know what we're eating?  I'm sticking to less processing.

I'm really feeling well today.  I had another split workout (I'm starting to like it! LOL) with golf in the middle.  Felt great.  I'm looking forward to a nice run in the morning.  It'll have to be early.  Hot tomorrow. 


Read more: http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=3b74f239fe3e4d9bb0701ae967362bd3&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=3b74f239fe3e4d9bb0701ae967362bd3&plckPostId=Blog%3a3b74f239fe3e4d9bb0701ae967362bd3Post%3a8cf7fdd2-662c-4217-824a-6847cf54727d&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest#ixzz0y84YqOcm

No comments:

Post a Comment