Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Marathon Training - Building Confidence


I had a decent resistance workout yesterday, albeit short due to a scheduled golf match.  This morning I ran 12 miles in the heat and high humidity.  12 miles seems so short after the long run 2 days ago.  I feel like that’s a really good thing because endurance is a big part of the marathon race. 
Good news from my training partner & brother who said he ran 10 miles on Sunday.  I’m really hoping he can get well enough to race.  I know he wants to very much.  We both have to deal with aging bodies.  I’ve been fortunate so far.  I don’t have increase my mileage and I’m doing well with this plan.   Most runners eventually have some issues to deal with.  I’ve had my share but I’m holding up well now.  Listening to my body and making adjustments should keep me on track.   

No comments:

Post a Comment