Monday, August 16, 2010

Disorder & A Happy Discovery

Here's hoping things (and I) are finally getting back to normal.  Among family crises, including multiple emergency room trips and hospital stays for an ill relative and travel to & from Boston and late nights (I'm an early riser) up with my cherished grandchildren, my routines have suffered.  I've managed to get in nearly all of my workouts and runs in but it all took its toll.  Friday was given up to hospital visits and doctor's office visits.  Saturday I got up to do Friday's workout and I just felt terrible.  Usually, when I'm a little under the weather, exercise perks me up.  Not this time.  Saturday I quit about 15 minutes into it and went back to bed and slept until noon.  Sunday I ran 12 miles instead of a planned 20 and it was hard.   So I just chilled the rest of the day.  I took in a movie with my wife and then watched some golf.  Best of all, I got to bed at 10 and slept until 6.  I felt much better this morning.  I think I'm back on track now.

I had a real morale booster this morning.  My semiannual dental checkup and cleaning was today and I was thrilled to see my hygienist had lost about 60 lbs.  She said she did it with proper diet and walking.  I'm so happy for her and proud of her.  She looks great.   Like she said,  it isn't complicated.  You just have to make up your mind to do it.   What a great story.  I'm eager to see her in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment