Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wait A Minute


It seems like that's all you need to wait for a change in the weather around here.  Every day this week has been different and tomorrow is predicted to follow suit.

There isn't much to complain about so far.  The snow at Smuggs' has been good to us this season.  Those folks who are staying at the resort this week have been fortunate with good weather and good skiing this week.

I've been fortunate, as well, with great classes everyday.  My morning group today was with 4 strong level 4 skiers so we started right at the top of Morse Mountain.  We had some AHA! moments as well as some steady improvement.  Looks like we'll be moving to blue squares very soon.   

During one of my rides up the Village LIft, I got to ride with Sanjay from New Jersey who was struggling with trying to improve on his own.  I gave him a discount card for a private lesson and he took advantage by booking me for an hour in the afternoon.  Good investment!  In an hour we made a lot of progress and Sanjay is making nice round turns now and just about ready for a trip to the top.  Great work.   

Warmer weather is on tap for the rest of the week and maybe even some sunshine.   Call me greedy but more snow please.   One bonus this week has been the opening of Upper Village Lift Line a short but sweet run that doesn't see much activity and was really nice today.  As long as I am being greedy, how about opening up Snow Snake tomorrow so I can get some fresh tracks early.   I need something interesting during my 'tween time' while I'm working in the Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment