Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Change Is In The Air & On Piste

Who would have imagined?  When I got up yesterday morning my immediate ski future looked pretty bleak.  If only I could have foreseen today's conditions I would have beside myself with excitement.

The temperature was in the low teens so the snow was light and fluffy.  I got some fresh tracks right away doing a trail check with my friend Frank.  So sweet, my (semi) fat Pocket Rockets floated nicely as we made whisper-quiet turns through the 6" deep pow at Smuggs'.  

My students loved it too.  Fresh powder is slow and fun to turn in.   Bob & Keith made nice progress as they improved their stances and rounded out their turns.  I hope they come back tomorrow because they are right on the cusp of a breakout.   

Here's the kicker.... more snow is on the way!  What a great start to the season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment