Friday, December 10, 2010

Skiing on Whales at Smuggs'

What a great day.  I've been waiting for this day since it turned too cold for golf.  My enthusiasm was undiminished even at 4:45 am when I had to get up for my workout.

It was almost too cold to ski but relatively calm and I was well dressed in my new down jacket. Add to that my boot covers, too warmers, & hand warmers and I was pretty cozy.  I think the excitement helped too.

As expected, no students in the morning (check-in day) so we got some great skiing in on Sterling Mtn.   Head up tomorrow if you want to experience some unique skiing.  There are whales on several trails including Black Snake, The Alley, and the Practice Slope. They're like moguls the size of a small house!  They won't last long and they're not for the faint of heart but boy are they fun!

I had my 1st student of the year at the afternoon line-up.   She made huge progress and we both had a great time.  It's going to be a fun winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment