Monday, December 20, 2010

The Last Day of Autumn

The Last Day of Autumn

| No Comments
brought great skiing to Smuggs' !  It was a tad chilly but my new down sweater kept me pretty snug.  My feet were cold to start because someone neglected to turn the heater on and my boots were cold. Yikes!   Good thing I had a great workout this morning and was all warmed up.

 I skied Sunday with my brother and found the trails somewhat skied off and getting icy.  Thanks to our fantastic groomers and a few inches of fresh powder conditions were very nice this morning when I did my 9:15 a.m. trail check down Rum Runner.  Great carving snow all the way down was quite enjoyable.

Susan from Toronto was my 10 O'clock student for a Max 5 class.  What a bargain!  Max 5 means a maximum of 5 students in the class.  So while the other level 5 students went out for 90 minutes in a group in 6 with their instructor, Susan went out alone with me for 2.5 hours.  

Susan, like lots of students, was really interested in speed control.  So we spent our time together learning to shape turns to maintain a comfortable speed.  We also spent some time working on proper side-slipping techniques, a skill very useful for getting down trails that are uncomfortably steep.  

When we were finished, Susan was not only skiing better but she had some tips and drills to practice on her own so she'll get even better quickly with a little practice .

More snow is expected tonight and it's going to be slightly warmer tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment