Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nearly Perfect

Nearly Perfect


Today's weather at Smuggs' was just that: nearly perfect.  Today's lessons weren't too bad either.  My morning lesson was with 4 level 4s.  It was crowded so we had to pick our spots carefully where we stopped to talk.  It's good to remember to stop where you will be visible to oncoming skiers.

We worked on developing our sideslipping skills which are so valuable when you get to to the advanced trails.   It's difficult at first but most people get better with practice as did everyone in my class and we soon advanced to the 'falling leaf' drill.  Everyone skiing got better by the end of lesson.  Then Kevin from Ontario decided to take a bonus run with me after class so I gave him an impromptu bump lesson.   Well, he's a quick study and had a great run down a black diamond bump run!    Great job.  Keep practicing.   

The weather was so fine I decided to forgo my lunch and made another run down the bumps.  Hey we have only 3 months of skiing left for it's all over!

The afternoon class was with 3 beginning level 4s so we spent some time developing edge and pressure control and by the time we finished the turns were much nicer.  Good job!  Get some mileage in and it'll get even better. 

Between the skiing in the sunshine all day and the 90 minutes on my stationary bike this morning I'm tired tonight.   I should be regretting the missed lunch but I ate an apple, an orange and a little trail mix on the ride home so I'm hungry but surviving as I await my evening repast.   Besides the skiing was worth it.   We'd like some more snow though.  Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment