Sunday, January 16, 2011

Still Snowing at Smuggs'!!!


I had to say goodbye to my friends on Friday after a great week of skiing with them. The snow was a terrific again.  Still, spending the afternoon skiing with my brother was pretty good consolation!  


I took yesterday off (on the seventh day I rested).  It was cold; I was tired; a few tasks needed doing; and I need to spend some time with my main squeeze.

I got up to 14 degrees with some in the sunshine forecast and skiing seemed like a good idea.  Was it ever!  The sun did show a few times briefly. And then it started snowing hard again.  The powder is pretty deep (nearly 4 feet in the last week) but more snow is always welcome. (duh!)   With more snow expected this week it's going to keep getting better.  

I started the day on Sterling making about 5 runs on a nearly empty Harvey's and Jolly Roger.   Just as I was about to take a quick lunch break my friend Gary recruited me for a couple of runs on Madonna.    Bonus time!  There was no line at M2 and the skiing was incredible if you knew where to go.. and he did.    The powder was deep, the bumps were soft and we were nearly alone.  Great stuff. 

After a quick bite I hooked up with my brother and we did the M2 runs several more times then wrapped up the day with a run down F.I.S. off Catwalk down to lower Doc's and then to McPherson's.  A great day and snowing hard when I left.  

I'll have to dress warm tomorrow but it should be special.

No comments:

Post a Comment